Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Celebrations - How important are they in life?

Celebrations are always considered as times of joy..not only of joy..but, a time of togetherness, a time when a person gets the feeling that "I am not alone", I have people who I can call my own, who will cherish my presence and my accomplishments. I believe each and every person who celebrates any occasion of his life would have all these at least deep in his mind, if not as a visible thought of concern.

We have been hearing a lot of the various levels of celebrations - from star weddings to declaration of the New Seven Wonders to what not, consuming of crores and crores of rupees. For the people who are involved in it, the money spent would not be a matter of concern at all. They would be happy to have celebrated in the best possible way. Whether there were people who did not have the money to have one cup of tea in a day do not matter to them. They are happy and they do not care about others. I do not claim that you can the make the whole world happy, but when you are celebrating, it would be better if you can at least think a bit of the unprivileged. I am of the opinion that it would bring you a different kind of mental satisfaction at the end of the day.

For me, celebrations are all a matter of sharing the joy with those who are so important to me in my life. I don't believe in pompous parties and extravagant decorations, but I would give more thought into spending quality time, as per my heart desires. That would be my mode of enjoyment and that would help me feel satisfactory that the day was good.

Yesterday was a day of celebration for me. As I had pointed out in previous note, we were celebrating the first anniversary of the change in our marital status. We had a good time together, a lunch, good round of roaming around and shopping, and a superb dinner. But, the fact was that we spend the time between ourselves, reassuring the effects the magical presence of both could do to either of us. Rather than anything else, this gave us good mental happiness, and the power to embark on to yet another year. Almighty was so kind in granting one good year to us. We laughed, fought, cried, fell down, and rose again through the learnings, had different opinions, but finally consented to one..All these came in to our minds yesterday. But, HE gave us the strength to go forward. He had already put in the feeling of oneness which was so important to us and which is our guiding factor. Yes...We believe we are one..we are together..always...Yesterday my Amma was telling about the dream in her mind, when she was wishing us on our special day. Let the God above shower his blessings to walk together and also to let dreams come true..And last, but not the least, Thanks to my friend for life to having made me so happy with a wonderful way to celebrate. :)

2 comments:

amna said...

hey vidya, thanks for the visit and the comment. i will def read alchemist :) waiting to get hold of a copy, but before that, will finish this one.

Unknown said...

Good blog! Loved the first blog "My world" the most. nice pictures too.
Keep writing!